st georges day

Guest Tterrier81

I don't read Wiki, its not factual, and is forbidden to be used in education etc as it has many inaccuracies :biglaugh:

you said

and colour adelaide in the beautiful red n white flag!
Maybe you didn't mean that?

(No need to reply to this.....I am sure you can see the humour)

This thread has been too heavily moderated, for newcomers, Cornish Bus Driver said Cornwall wasn't part of England, we are all waiting for his justification...c'mon Matt you have 24hours to research it :cute:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tterrier81
Ya might want to update the link mate - Wiki does not have much on that one!

i tried, its not lettin me change the link, u just have to use the link that is on the wiki page i gave link to

i tried, its not lettin me change the link, u just have to use the link that is on the wiki page i gave link to

No worries....The word Mela seems familiar.

We went to a cultural event in the city last year.

Hosted by Indian and Pakistani groups - rings a bell???

I don't read Wiki, its not factual, and is forbidden to be used in education etc as it has many inaccuracies :biglaugh:

you said Maybe you didn't mean that?

(No need to reply to this.....I am sure you can see the humour)

This thread has been too heavily moderated, for newcomers, Cornish Bus Driver said Cornwall wasn't part of England, we are all waiting for his justification...c'mon Matt you have 24hours to research it :cute:

Aww fer JH Christ's sake Matt - just leave it alone!!

The poor OP asked a question and you have taken the whole thread to flaming task!!

Yep I am well aware that other people have commented.

Just bite your lip now and again man!

I was trying to in this thread and others!!!

I too think of newcomers and those not registered - How about giving them a break!:mad::mad:

Yet again a thread turns argumentative and petty - embarrassing to say the least.

"whinging Poms" / Bickereing Poms - I'm ashamed I showed my Aussie mates this site with threads like this!

Guest WhatNow?
Aww fer JH Christ's sake Matt - just leave it alone!!

The poor OP asked a question and you have taken the whole thread to flaming task!!

Yep I am well aware that other people have commented.

Just bite your lip now and again man!

I was trying to in this thread and others!!!

I too think of newcomers and those not registered - How about giving them a break!:mad::mad:

Yet again a thread turns argumentative and petty - embarrassing to say the least.

"whinging Poms" / Bickereing Poms - I'm ashamed I showed my Aussie mates this site with threads like this!

Thanks Tyke - sadly this is the sort of thing that passes as 'humour' for those who perhaps didn't get enough attention as kids. Perhaps we could have a sticky thread where they can play without corrupting the rest of the forum - now there's an idea! The mods could leave them to it without having to waste their time having to explain to new members that there are d**kheads here as there are everywhere...:nah:

Thanks Tyke - sadly this is the sort of thing that passes as 'humour' for those who perhaps didn't get enough attention as kids. Perhaps we could have a sticky thread where they can play without corrupting the rest of the forum - now there's an idea! The mods could leave them to it without having to waste their time having to explain to new members that there are d**kheads here as there are everywhere...:nah:

I apologise, my newcomers was newcomers to the thread, posts have been deleted etc (rightly so) and it doesn't flow. It wasn't aimed at PIA newcomers.

Guest cornish Busdriver

Right just to put a few people right on Cornwall (Kernow) and why we celebrate st pirans day and not st georges day and why flying the st geoges flag or commonly known as the blood cross/ butchers apron in cornwall is an insult to the cornish and also why Cornwall is not a part of england. Dont wanna get into the north - south / cornish and english devide so here is just some basic history for ya.

Modern archaeology now admits that the Cornish and Welsh of today are the remnants of an ancient race native to these islands since at least the Neolithic period, between 4,000 and 6,000 years ago.

In 936 the English King Athelstan fixed the boundary between England and Cornwall as the east bank of the river Tamar.There is no mention in the Anglo-Saxon Chronicles that Cornwall was ever conquered by the English or absorbed into Wessex and no record exists of any formal annexation of Cornwall to England.

Cornwall’s continued independence is strongly supported by the fact that it has enjoyed a special status, as Earldom and Duchy.

Many treaty's and documents up until the 18th century made reference to there being a distinction between Anglia and Cornubia and maps of the British Isles produced up until the 18th century often showed Cornwall as a distinct entity on a par with Wales.

The Cornish had and arguably continue to have a perceived national identity other than English.

Cornwall and the Cornish have had an identity distinct from the English for centuries as is evidenced by the existence of the Cornish language as a mother tongue up until the late 18th or early 19th century, the english language was not spoken in Cornwall untill the end of the 18th century.

Cornwall is portrayed on numerous maps, including the famous Mappa Mundi, as separate from England right up until the mid 16th century and Henry VIII even listed England and Cornwall separately in the list of his realms given in his coronation address.

During the 1549 Anglo-Cornish war (prayer book rebelion), English and foreign mercenaries killed 5,000 Cornish fighters before moving into Cornwall and in total slaughtered up to 11% of its population before the butchery was stopped, this was the start of englands ethnic cleasning the cornish by also murdering 400 women and children - with families deprived of their menfolk and livelihoods, the true figure of deaths caused by this barbaric crime accounted for 20% of the Cornish population and this is why the st georges flag is known as the blood cross or butcher apron.

Cornwall was not party to the Act of Union in 1707, Wales, Scotland and Ireland signed into it but Cornwall refused.

Cornwall's legal right to its own Parliament has existed for over 800 years - the right was confirmed and strengthened by the Charter of Pardon 1508, which added to its rights that of veto over acts, statutes, laws, etc., passed by the Westminster government - these rights were granted in perpetuity and cannot be lawfully rescinded.

Cornwall's right to its own sovereign Parliament, and the powers it processes under the Charter of Pardon were confirmed as valid in British law by the then Lord Chancellor, Lord Elwyn Jones in 1977.

In British law - a law that has been continually ignored and breached by England - no officer or agent of the Crown (this would include both Westminster and the Anglican Church) can legally set foot upon Cornish soil without the express and joint permissions of the Duke of Cornwall and Cornwall's Stannary Parliament.

Cornwall is legally an extra territorial land from England and not an administrative county which it has illegally been for near on 400 years.

90% of Cornish place names are of Celtic origin and derived from the Kernewek language.

The Cornish are accepted by many within the European Community as a national minority.

http://www.eurominority.org/version/eng/maps-states2.asp?id_pays=45

So to all that seem to think that the Cornish are english THINK AGAIN.

Right just to put a few people right on Cornwall (Kernow) and why we celebrate st pirans day and not st georges day and why flying the st geoges flag or commonly known as the blood cross/ butchers apron in cornwall is an insult to the cornish and also why Cornwall is not a part of england. Dont wanna get into the north - south / cornish and english devide so here is just some basic history for ya.

Modern archaeology now admits that the Cornish and Welsh of today are the remnants of an ancient race native to these islands since at least the Neolithic period, between 4,000 and 6,000 years ago.

In 936 the English King Athelstan fixed the boundary between England and Cornwall as the east bank of the river Tamar.There is no mention in the Anglo-Saxon Chronicles that Cornwall was ever conquered by the English or absorbed into Wessex and no record exists of any formal annexation of Cornwall to England.

Cornwall’s continued independence is strongly supported by the fact that it has enjoyed a special status, as Earldom and Duchy.

Many treaty's and documents up until the 18th century made reference to there being a distinction between Anglia and Cornubia and maps of the British Isles produced up until the 18th century often showed Cornwall as a distinct entity on a par with Wales.

The Cornish had and arguably continue to have a perceived national identity other than English.

Cornwall and the Cornish have had an identity distinct from the English for centuries as is evidenced by the existence of the Cornish language as a mother tongue up until the late 18th or early 19th century, the english language was not spoken in Cornwall untill the end of the 18th century.

Cornwall is portrayed on numerous maps, including the famous Mappa Mundi, as separate from England right up until the mid 16th century and Henry VIII even listed England and Cornwall separately in the list of his realms given in his coronation address.

During the 1549 Anglo-Cornish war (prayer book rebelion), English and foreign mercenaries killed 5,000 Cornish fighters before moving into Cornwall and in total slaughtered up to 11% of its population before the butchery was stopped, this was the start of englands ethnic cleasning the cornish by also murdering 400 women and children - with families deprived of their menfolk and livelihoods, the true figure of deaths caused by this barbaric crime accounted for 20% of the Cornish population and this is why the st georges flag is known as the blood cross or butcher apron.

Cornwall was not party to the Act of Union in 1707, Wales, Scotland and Ireland signed into it but Cornwall refused.

Cornwall's legal right to its own Parliament has existed for over 800 years - the right was confirmed and strengthened by the Charter of Pardon 1508, which added to its rights that of veto over acts, statutes, laws, etc., passed by the Westminster government - these rights were granted in perpetuity and cannot be lawfully rescinded.

Cornwall's right to its own sovereign Parliament, and the powers it processes under the Charter of Pardon were confirmed as valid in British law by the then Lord Chancellor, Lord Elwyn Jones in 1977.

In British law - a law that has been continually ignored and breached by England - no officer or agent of the Crown (this would include both Westminster and the Anglican Church) can legally set foot upon Cornish soil without the express and joint permissions of the Duke of Cornwall and Cornwall's Stannary Parliament.

Cornwall is legally an extra territorial land from England and not an administrative county which it has illegally been for near on 400 years.

90% of Cornish place names are of Celtic origin and derived from the Kernewek language.

The Cornish are accepted by many within the European Community as a national minority.

http://www.eurominority.org/version/eng/maps-states2.asp?id_pays=45

So to all that seem to think that the Cornish are english THINK AGAIN.

Well...well..well...learn something new every day!!! Very interesting.....

Guest cornish Busdriver
Well...well..well...learn something new every day!!! Very interesting.....

A lot of people get very confused about cornwall and england.

Cornish history is not taught in english schools and used to be only in cornish ones if someone requested it but now is being worked into the curriculum as well as the language.

You comedian

Look at the Cornwall websites, where it says

"Cornwall Calling welcomes you to the south west of England - great at any time of the year:

Prince Charles, owns most of Cornwall (I think), and he is going to be King of England BTW!!!

As you know I dont trust all of Wiki, but for ease I am posting a link here

Duke of Cornwall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A section

Cornwall was the first dukedom conferred within the Kingdom of England, although the Dukes of Normandy (King of England)

If you want to carry on, please do, but we will all laugh at you more and more and more, in fact so much you will probably want to go back to your bus in Cornwall :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest Tterrier81
You comedian

Look at the Cornwall websites, where it says

"Cornwall Calling welcomes you to the south west of England - great at any time of the year:

Prince Charles, owns most of Cornwall (I think), and he is going to be King of England BTW!!!

As you know I dont trust all of Wiki, but for ease I am posting a link here

Duke of Cornwall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A section

Cornwall was the first dukedom conferred within the Kingdom of England, although the Dukes of Normandy (King of England)

If you want to carry on, please do, but we will all laugh at you more and more and more, in fact so much you will probably want to go back to your bus in Cornwall :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

think the jokes on u mate, u sit there after i post some link to wikipedia and rip it apart sayin its not factual and then u do same thing....i think they call that being a hypocrite

Guest cornish Busdriver

LOL LOL LOL Typical english attitudes but not of all english.

Wiki rips so much off other sites then twist it round thats why i dont reseach any thing from wiki and anyone who does needs other material to back it up.

If you look at any of the bridges in to Kernow it Says "Kernow a'gas dyna" im afraid if you think that meens cornwall welcomes you to the southwest, i think you need to learn the language.

Have you ever seen the real cornish history books or even know where they are kept, could you even understand them again probally not as there written in CORNISH not english.

What was you ever taught about cornish history in school, probally nothin as well.

Take it from someone who's been studying cornish history for over 25 years and not just the english versions of it plus someone who speeks the language.

So heres somthing for you to translate its very basic and you should find it on the net ok "Rydhsys rag Kernow lemmyn/ kernow bys vykken"

Do you even know about the battle of Deptford bridge in 1497 and thats basic.

Untill you can provide good structured evidence that Kernow is apart of england go and do some serious research into it and you will find that i am right and that you have just made your self look silly.

Heres a silly little vid for ya but very true

Your ramblings are hilarious.

I will see if I can scan the Encyclopedia Britannica and show you, but from a Collins dictionary, can we agree that would be factual?

Cornwall. A county of SW England.

As you put in your post,

I know you are fond of tin mining, the hole you are digging for yourself is as deep a one of the mines. :-)

From a real book, not Wiki

Cornwall

The Oxford Companion to British History | 2002 | JOHN CANNON | © The Oxford Companion to British History 2002, originally published by Oxford University Press 2002. (Hide copyright information) Copyright

Cornwall. The oldest of English duchies (from 1337, though first a Norman earldom c.1140) has dimensions other than its peninsularity: the bulk of the course of the south-flowing Tamar forms the county boundary with Devon (some 45 miles), and but for the hills in which it rises could be canalized with the Marsland stream to render Cornwall an island.

I rest my case m'lord.

Guest SA Great

Of course it is, just as Scotland, Northern Island and Wales are part of Great Britain (whether they like it or not!)

Hello Di! Sorry to be pedantic but Northern Ireland is not actually part of Britain! Britain is England, Scotland and Wales (the mainland) and the UK incorporates Northern Ireland and all the other islands around it. It was in the Advertiser a couple of weeks ago!!!

Guest katsmajic

In Cheltenham UK the town celebrated St Patricks Day - usually as it was full of the Irish from the Gold Cup races.

St Georges day never got a mention - and when some folks hung out the St George Cross and taxi drivers put them in the cab windows they got threatened with fines if they didnt remove them.

When we were in the forces (as an army bratt) we celebrated the Queens Birthday massively (in Germany & Ireland) but never did anything for St Georges day - unfortunately their doesnt seem to be any pride in it - unlike the Irish/Scotish/Cornish/Welsh etc.

No wonder its been taken over the way it has really as no one really gave a stuff until it was too late.

I dont think i can ever remember St Georges Day being celebrated.....lets face it....totally unfashionable in England to be patriotic....hang out a St Georges flag, and your are more than likely to be asked to take it down!!! for fear of offending other non-english residents..........sad but true...

My dear old Grandad was born on St Georges Day....guess what his name was?

Think its great, how over here, they make such a big deal of Australia Day....but then i am always for having a day off!