will my xbox 360 work?

Guest Joseph

hi my name is joseph i am 11 and i belong to the Waite family.we are hoping to move to adelaide before i am 12 but i am worried in case my xbox 360 wont work.

will my laptop work?

do you have sky tv over there?

And will i have to go to high school or primary school?:unsure:

Guest georgia97

hi joseph i dont have a xbox 360 but i do have a wii so i dont know if it will work out there but i hope it will.my dad says that if u are taking an english telly it will work on that.:)georgia

• 4 weeks later...
Guest The Hadleys
hi my name is joseph i am 11 and i belong to the Waite family.we are hoping to move to adelaide before i am 12 but i am worried in case my xbox 360 wont work.

will my laptop work?

do you have sky tv over there?

And will i have to go to high school or primary school

hi this is zoe and im 10 yrs old,:wubclub:

your xbox 360 will only work if you get an adaptor:notworthy:, same with your laptop.

they do have sky tv over there but in oz they call it fox tv:notworthy:.

well high school doesnt start till year 8 so you might have to go to primary school.:arghh:

from zoe.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest the o'shea's

Hi Josh,

My name is Caitlin and I have moved to Oz from Leeds as well! I'm also 11, 12 in May!! It's cool that u are from the same city!!

We have Foxtel instead of Sky over here but the remote control is the same!!

When are u moving here? It's really weird but it's so fun!! You will find that Australians are really friendly here and they will wave to you and say g'day mate, how are u!

If u need further advice, just let me know! I'm the expert on moving from England!!!

See ya

Caitlin

Guest Grezz

This may get a little techie, but for anyone who is bringing electronic stuff over here...

The mains power supply is 230 Volts, 50Hz AC - the same as the UK so you'll just need a plug adaptor / new plug. This applies to any UK electronics.

As for the XBox 360 (I have one), or any device with the standard 3 pinhole cable that you find on kettles / computers, you can buy that part in any electronics shop so bring the transformer section of the power lead and you'll be fine.

If you're not bringing the TV with you, then TVs over here are based on the PAL system, the same as the UK. Again, no problems for the XBox 360 (or any other UK consoles / videos / DVD players). Just remember that most games for the XBox 360 require a 60Hz PAL supporting TV if you buy a new TV that doesn't have component HD or HDMI input for 720p/1080i/1080p resolutions.

The only issue you will have is with the DVD playback. The UK is region 2, Oz is region 4. As your XBox 360 is encoded to the UK, you won't be able to play region 4 encoded discs unless they are also encoded in region 2 (this shouldn't affect the games). The same rules apply to anything with a fixed region DVD drive - you'll need to get a multi-region DVD player to play both.

• 5 months later...
Guest thebaddeleys
This may get a little techie, but for anyone who is bringing electronic stuff over here...

The mains power supply is 230 Volts, 50Hz AC - the same as the UK so you'll just need a plug adaptor / new plug. This applies to any UK electronics.

As for the XBox 360 (I have one), or any device with the standard 3 pinhole cable that you find on kettles / computers, you can buy that part in any electronics shop so bring the transformer section of the power lead and you'll be fine.

If you're not bringing the TV with you, then TVs over here are based on the PAL system, the same as the UK. Again, no problems for the XBox 360 (or any other UK consoles / videos / DVD players). Just remember that most games for the XBox 360 require a 60Hz PAL supporting TV if you buy a new TV that doesn't have component HD or HDMI input for 720p/1080i/1080p resolutions.

The only issue you will have is with the DVD playback. The UK is region 2, Oz is region 4. As your XBox 360 is encoded to the UK, you won't be able to play region 4 encoded discs unless they are also encoded in region 2 (this shouldn't affect the games). The same rules apply to anything with a fixed region DVD drive - you'll need to get a multi-region DVD player to play both.

Hi,

so will australian xbox games work on my UK xbox? also will my psp handheld be ok out there x

:)

Hiya,

my kids asked the same question; i think it's a no, so now we are buying up GAME like there's no tomorrow.

If you are anything like my kids, you will have enough to keep you going, for ages......but if your mum is like me.....you wont have too much time to play; busy exploring the new surroundings; making new friends........

Enjoy the change:)