House selling - encouraging start!

guspjmh

Good luck matey!

Well we had an offer £10,000 less and accepted. Survey has been done and that is fine. We have been to see our solicitor so it's all go at the moment!!! We have so much to sort out in the house..........cricket is going to have to stop .....lol

Anyway, good luck with the returning viewer and the new viewers!

Congrats!!! When are you making the move?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck matey!

Well we had an offer £10,000 less and accepted. Survey has been done and that is fine. We have been to see our solicitor so it's all go at the moment!!! We have so much to sort out in the house..........cricket is going to have to stop .....lol

Anyway, good luck with the returning viewer and the new viewers!

How exciting - hope it all goes smoothly =)

Now where is the big question!! It could be Canberra, Adelaide, Albury in NSW :-0

Do you have probable work in Canberra? My understanding is its mostly gov. related work and all that and perhaps not the best place to settle if you don't have an 'in' so to speak or citizenship for a gov job (which I know you do but your wife will have a partner visa iirc). Amongst my Aus friends opinion is divided on it as a place to live. I only know one person actually living there and she is in a gov. job, otherwise she'd most likely be living elsewhere.

You've got plenty of options though it seems. Good luck with it all.

Do you have probable work in Canberra? My understanding is its mostly gov. related work and all that and perhaps not the best place to settle if you don't have an 'in' so to speak or citizenship for a gov job (which I know you do but your wife will have a partner visa iirc). Amongst my Aus friends opinion is divided on it as a place to live. I only know one person actually living there and she is in a gov. job, otherwise she'd most likely be living elsewhere.

You've got plenty of options though it seems. Good luck with it all.

Yep, I have interest from the APS for work in Canberra, Adelaide and Albury......it would be ideal to get a job in the APS in Adelaide.

Canberra isn't our first option but beggars can't be choosers as they say and I have heard the same about Canberra it's a bit of a Vegemite (Marmite) state!

Well the woman came back with an offer of $20k under asking, which we are considering. We have told her we will make a decision by close of play on Monday, and have two more viewings before then so hopefully one of them will love it and make us a better offer! The estate agent is going to make them aware that we are considering an offer, so fingers crossed it spurs them on!

We've accepted the offer!!

She has sold her house subject to contract, so it's full steam ahead! I think I need to get flights and arrival accommodation booked first (January 2014 is the date), and also contact the recruiter I spoke to on my reccie to get some skype interviews lined up for the end of the year...

Scared but excited - just hope the sale goes through smoothly.