Hello - Help me please! ;)

Guest Banksy

Guest HRHelp

Port Noarlunga is a great area to live - and you can get free help with job search etc from the Next Steps project between now and November (depending on when you arrive of course!). We have free help and workshops in Southern Adelaide from Glenelg/Mitcham to Port Noarlunga and beyond (Maslins, Aldinga Beach). for people who live in other areas here are some more details re free help:If you are in the North contact: 1800 619 933, reception@northernfutures.org.au

If you live in the West contact:8354 4214, Email: admin@westernfutures.com.au

If you live in the East contact: 8397 9500, http://neda.asn.au/

http://www.skills.sa.gov.au/careers-jobs/talk-to-a-career-adviser/eastern-career-advisers

Edited by noworriesmate

Guest Banksy
If you like what i posted please let others know as when i post information it gets blocked. I am posting info to help job seekers get free help instead of paying for it - not just from me but from other sources too. Free help is something we should share!

Will do...

Can you tell me if the CIPD qualification is recognised over there, if so does it put you in a better position when applying for work.

Hi Banksey.

Like others have said areas are totally a personal thing, we did a reccie looked at numerous areas and then looked at school reviews, when we make our final decision we will be looking at the areas we liked with the good school.

My husband is heading over 8 weeks before us. His job starts June 3rd but i am waiting for my boys to finish the school year before we head over.

We also thought (totally personal preferance) even though we could go together it may be a bit easier if he goes first so he can find a house near his job and we can come and move straight in (ill find the ones i like online 1st of course lol). Couldnt imagine anything worse than dragging my 2 boys (7&9) around viewing houses.

Good luck with whatever you decide keep us posted :)

Emma

Guest Banksy
I'm not sure if the question above about courses was for me but if it was my workshops are between Glenelg and Aldinga Beach many in Marion and Noarlunga (all along the South coast and inland to Mitcham). If you do want more info and if your husband would like asisstance when he arrives in June its easiest to email me- our free career pathways program in the South runs until Nov 13!

I am the husband! ;)

I was enquiring about the HR work for my wife, I have a job, they are sponsoring me to come across.

I'll get my wife to email you if that's ok.

On people being sponsored, has anyone panicked that they might not be up to the job. I know I can do the job in my sleep but I'm still worried that I'll mess things up.

Edited by snifter
Edited quoted text

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sarah Bradley

I've been here six years we all landed together and managed to find, complete and move into our own house in 5 weeks. We then had to wait another 6 weeks for the shipping container to arrive, so the new patio furniture was well used! I agree that there are nice places to live all round the city. I live south near Marion and love it, near to the beach and town is only 20 -30 minutes away. I work all over the place too and find getting places easy from this end of town because I can easily avoid the main roads and even when I have to use them it's not like the UK everything moves! I am self employed so it took about 6 months to get an income established. I used to live in Reading and Didcot so the A34 was my main route to get anywhere. The locals moan about the traffic which I think is quite funny. Shopping is very seasonal here and this can affect the prices and the availability of items. I tend to buy stuff we use everyday when its on special offer which keep the costs down, but income vs living costs I have found much better here. Hope that helps :)

• 3 weeks later...