887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi All,

First of all I wish all of you receive your visa soon:). I have applied for 489 visa which I received recently and we are planning to move to Adelaide in April. I was wondering if -

We can stay in Adelaide and do Work from home for company which is located in another state lets say Melbourne Victoria  till we do not find a job in Adelaide?

Can a company shift us from 489 to permanent visa(company sponsored) while we are on 489?

What is the best localities(safe and in city) to look for a rented home?

Do we have to pay something extra in advance to Landlord/Owner for renting the house apart from rent (as a security deposit)?   

What is the best way to secure a job in Adelaide, through companies or Are there any consultancies for IT sector?

What is the best way to get my resume with cover letter done to secure a job in Adelaide Australia, Can someone refer a company or site who helps to get it done?

Thank you so so much in advance for helping me out 🙂 

• Like 1

Hey guys,

really happy for those who’ve got their grant and hoping for best for those waiting.

Ive been a silient observer of this forum for a while. I got my visa 489 in feb last year from orana NSW. I moved to a regional town of Victoria (SEBASTOPOL 3356) in October last year and have been working full time aswell.

I know this has been asked again and again but will their be any problem once I complete my 2 years here and apply for 887. It’s  just something I’m worried about these days like living in regional and still not being eligible for 887.

also can i apply for visa 189 while on 489?

please if someone could clarify this issue for me.

thanks in advance😊

19 minutes ago, Shaan0906 said:

Hey guys,

really happy for those who’ve got their grant and hoping for best for those waiting.

Ive been a silient observer of this forum for a while. I got my visa 489 in feb last year from orana NSW. I moved to a regional town of Victoria (SEBASTOPOL 3356) in October last year and have been working full time aswell.

I know this has been asked again and again but will their be any problem once I complete my 2 years here and apply for 887. It’s  just something I’m worried about these days like living in regional and still not being eligible for 887.

thanks in advance😊

Hi @Shaan0906 

what do you mean by "It’s  just something I’m worried about these days like living in regional and still not being eligible for 887."? 

and the answer is Yes.

You can apply for 189 when you are in 489 as long as you have enough point to get the invitation. 

• Like 1

Can anybody advise what’s going on? I have applied for 887 from 489 on 26th Nov 2017, then CO contacted in June 2018 for spouse English requirements. I submitted all transcripts in English Medium and then I again contacted by CO for 2nd VAC Payment on 14th Sept 2018, which I paid on same day. I called office in Jan 2019 and asked about grant status as I already crossed 12-14 months bracket and they said that everything is in place, need to wait. And the status is still showing “Further Assessment” since 14th September 2018. What’s going on?

9 hours ago, Maxzone said:

Its only my personal opinion don't relay on it. I am on the same boat like you. We can't include our wife into 887, probably it cost only $385. For other application we can easily include our wife. 189,190,489 cost $3800 has option to include wife. Its always better include the member with the actual application. If you can't do that you can do it other way. I have contacted one migration agent they have replied as

Hi xxxxx

Thank you for your email

Presumably your 489 visa is still in effect, then you can apply for 489 Subsequent Entrant for your wife.

When she gets this 489 Subsequent Entrant visa approval, she can enter Australia BUT you cannot add her in the 887 visa.

You can lodge a new 887 visa with both applicants included OR wait until you get your 887 visa approved and then lodge onshore spouse visa

Regards

Hopefully it might be helpful.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

Hi Maxzone, 

Thank for giving so much details, but I think we can include wife or any family member into 887 application. Because you can check the 489 condition, it is able to get pathway to 887 by yourself together with family member. 

also, when your wife get 489, you can check the visa time for her 489 will be following up your 489 expire time. So it means that when your 489 is expired, your wife or family members 489 will be expired as well. so basically, they are sub-sequences of your main 489 visa, then when you apply 887, it is no reason not to add them in your 887 application. 

hopefully, everything will be clear for all of us,

Thank you. 

40 minutes ago, Dragon_Lavie said:

Hi @Shaan0906 

what do you mean by "It’s  just something I’m worried about these days like living in regional and still not being eligible for 887."? 

and the answer is Yes.

You can apply for 189 when you are in 489 as long as you have enough point to get the invitation. 

Hi @Dragon_Lavie

thanks for the revert,

i mean do i need to move to dubbo(NSW) and live&work their for two years for being eligible for 887 or I’ll be eligible for 887 while living in regional victoria(SEBASTOPOL). 

25 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Can anybody advise what’s going on? I have applied for 887 from 489 on 26th Nov 2017, then CO contacted in June 2018 for spouse English requirements. I submitted all transcripts in English Medium and then I again contacted by CO for 2nd VAC Payment on 14th Sept 2018, which I paid on same day. I called office in Jan 2019 and asked about grant status as I already crossed 12-14 months bracket and they said that everything is in place, need to wait. And the status is still showing “Further Assessment” since 14th September 2018. What’s going on?

Sorry mate.. nobody knows whats going on.. i think there is not much we can do 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shaan0906 said:

Hi @Dragon_Lavie

thanks for the revert,

i mean do i need to move to dubbo(NSW) and live&work their for two years for being eligible for 887 or I’ll be eligible for 887 while living in regional victoria(SEBASTOPOL). 

HI @Shaan0906

it is really up to your commitment and visa condition. If you have made commitment to stay at Dubbo when you applied for visa 489 then you should think twice, in should be shown in your invitation. But if not, i think in this forum, there is a lot of cases that have applied in one region area and move to other area as long as the visa requirement still be met. 

You should check your invitation again, i think.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Shaan0906 said:

Hi @Dragon_Lavie

thanks for the revert,

It will be a good idea for you to talk to the regional immigration office for Dubbo. Explain to them that your job currently is in regional Vic and ask them if they will supply you with the letter, stating that they do not mind you staying and working in Vic for the following years, untill application for 887. It will need to be an official letter of release. 🙂 They most likely will be nice and will release you without problem. So when you apply for 887 you will just attach their letter to your application and there will be no problem.

In my opinion it is the best way. 🙂 But maybe the guys here have other suggestions?

In any case, you are not breaching your visa condition because you live and and work in regional, but you are doing "a dirty" on your inviting state, which is not very nice... Just call them and chat with them. 😉 Let us know what they say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

Nobody knows... 😞 I applied for 887 in September 2017 can understand your frustration very well, still no grant. 🙂 Please do not panic, just keep supplying additional documents as requested. There seem to be a huge pause in processing since November 2018, but they are starting to pick up now. Something is happening within the department but nobody knows what. 🙂 

So we are just sitting tight. 🙂 The immi removed estimated processing time from their website, I guess, to eliminate the cause for complaints from frustrated applicants. 

You are not on your own. 😉 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Russki said:

It will be a good idea for you to talk to the regional immigration office for Dubbo. Explain to them that your job currently is in regional Vic and ask them if they will supply you with the letter, stating that they do not mind you staying and working in Vic for the following 2 years. It will need to be an official letter. 🙂 They most likely will be nice and will release you without problem. So when you apply for 887 you will just attach their letter to your application and there will be no problem.

In my opinion it is the best way. 🙂 But maybe the guys here have other suggestions?

In any case, you are not breaching your visa condition because you live and and work in regional, but you are doing "a dirty" on your inviting state, which is not very nice... Just call them and chat with them. 😉 Let us know what they say.

I agree with Russki.

On the NSW Regional Development Northern Inland website, they clearly mentioned about the letter as below:

I think better to talk with your inviting state for a release letter if possible to minimise the potential issues

But again, the such requirments may differ from state to state

Release Letter

A “Release Letter”, releasing a 489 visa recipient from their obligation to this region may not be granted without the visa holder showing that they have taken serious steps to relocate to or remain in this region, through seeking employment. Such a letter can provide peace-of-mind when a skilled migrant needs to broaden their job search beyond their nominating region.

RDA Northern Inland has been informed that 489 visa holders do not need a "Release Letter" for their permanent 887 visa application.

Where someone has been advised by the Department of Home Affairs to obtain a release letter please send an email request to migration@rdani.org.au with the following:

• your current address
  • a copy of your visa grant notice from the Department of Home Affairs attached
  • an explanation as to why you are requesting the release letter

Edited by Waiting for 887
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Shaan0906 said:

Hey guys,

thanks in advance😊

I have done research on this and lawyers informed me that my visa conditions give me the right to work in any regional area without a release letter. I have many friends and colleagues that have moved regions and had no problems receiving their PR. A release letter is the ideal way to go about it but at the same time it will not affect your 887 visa grant or application as it is not legally required. Seeing as you have already moved some time ago you obviously do not need a release letter. If they do not issue you a release letter because you have already moved then you are on your own anyway and I am sure you will not return to NSW.  Be careful to draw attention to yourself from immigration in the region , rather talk to an expert if you are hesitant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

Ranju, not trying to be disrespectful but your comments are always negative and don't seem to help the forum much, kind of like a 'Doomsday Sayer'. Try be more positive, if you can?

Hard to digest the truth.Its the trend,when I applied in feb'18 it was 7 months .Feb'19 its 12-14 months but still received in status which means it's mathematical wrong.I recently heard from one of my friend that India is high risk country for immigration. Try for best prepare for worst. I will opt as a silent follower mate here onwards.

6 minutes ago, RANJU said:

Hard to digest the truth.Its the trend,when I applied in feb'18 it was 7 months .Feb'19 its 12-14 months but still received in status which means it's mathematical wrong.I recently heard from one of my friend that India is high risk country for immigration. Try for best prepare for worst. I will opt as a silent follower mate here onwards.

Hopefully the delays are temporary until the department sorts its issues out, whatever they might be

Hi guys,

not sure how will it go but i just mentioned our pain about processing time to our officer and this is what he replied 

"Thank you for taking the time to write to me.

I have forwarded your email to staff at the NSW Government, the Department of Home Affairs. I put a few paragraphs about the issue in a separate message from me, above yours."

I will update you when i have a reply from these Departments.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Hi everyone,I'm new here and will soon apply for 887. I have a couple of questions here:

1. Someone has mentioned about passport size photo for the applicant that needs to be certified, does it mean our passport or another photo. If it's the latter,how do we have it certified?just stick on a piece of paper and have the pharmacist to certify it?

2. I scanned all my bank statements and they're really huge file of 10MB, Iheard files should be 5MB max. I'm not so good with programs so I'm not quite sure how to decrease the file sizes.

Hope to hear your advices guys.Thanks 😊           

I guys need a help on below

FORM 80

Part C Question 15 - Do you currently have, or have you ever had, any national identity documents or numbers (including birth registration numbers, social security cards etc)?

1.      Do we need to provide our Australia Driver License details?

Part F – Employment

Does the business address need to match with the company letter head address, I work in a store but the head office is in Melbourne so the letter head got the Melbourne address.

2.      So which address should I mention the store or company address?