887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi All Seniors, I would really appreciate if someone can guide me with below 3 questions - 

1. I need to rent an apartment in Adelaide and I have heard that We need to have some points to get a rented apartment, so how many points do we need and how do I manage to get them?

2. What are the documents I need to get a rented apartment apart from points?

3. What are the best websites/options to search a rented apartment in South Australia(specifically Adelaide)?

Thank you in advance for your time:)

7 minutes ago, Happy and lucky said:

Hi All Seniors, I would really appreciate if someone can guide me with below 3 questions - 

1. I need to rent an apartment in Adelaide and I have heard that We need to have some points to get a rented apartment, so how many points do we need and how do I manage to get them?

3. What are the best websites/options to search a rented apartment in South Australia(specifically Adelaide)?

You need 100 points.

Realestate Domain are the two apps that will help u find a house.

Not that this is not a right place for such questions, but you will get responses suiting to such needs in Indians in Adelaide group in FB. Please post your query there too. Cheers....

10 minutes ago, Nada said:

You need 100 points.

Realestate Domain are the two apps that will help u find a house.

Not that this is not a right place for such questions, but you will get responses suiting to such needs in Indians in Adelaide group in FB. Please post your query there too. Cheers....

Thank you Nada. I appreciate your time. I have posted my questions on FB too. 

As people on this page have spent a good time in Adelaide by now. I am hoping for a guided answer to start my journey and avoid any blunder or last minute panic.

More detailed answers will be appreciate, Also, is there a page dedicated to this type of queries to discuss what to do after visa grant ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Oalam_12thFeb said:

Okay guys, 

Wife and I got our 887 visa . 

Applied :12th Feb 2018 

Direct grant : 09th March 2019

Co: sophorn

Thanks very much for everything , I've followed this forum a while now, it is really helpful. Thank you for being so positive and supportive to each other . It really helps.

All the best guys , 

Congratulations!!! 

10 hours ago, Oalam_12thFeb said:

Okay guys, 

Thanks very much for everything , I've followed this forum a while now, it is really helpful. Thank you for being so positive and supportive to each other . It really helps.

All the best guys , 

Congratulation 

11 hours ago, Oalam_12thFeb said:

Okay guys, 

All the best guys , 

Congratulations!!! Very surprised - grant on a Saturday! 😄 😄 🎉 Enjoy! And thank you for sharing with us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys, anyone who has experienced the same situation, I've applied for 887 on 25/05/2018, no contact from CO ever. Based on what I see from others, they have been contacted by a CO 7 or 8 months after applying. Do they email you if they need more docs or will it show up in your immiaccount? thanks

Hi guys, anyone who has experienced the same situation, I've applied for 887 on 25/05/2018, no contact from CO ever. Based on what I see from others, they have been contacted by a CO 7 or 8 months after applying. Do they email you if they need more docs or will it show up in your immiaccount? thanks
I believe no one here from March or April is contacted here yet.
I have no info if anyone from outside.
The people who applied in Nov 17, Dec 17 and January 18, their files been opened or granted in 7 to 8 months .not all but many.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Okay guys, 
All the best guys , 
Congratulations

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, indrasena said:

Hi.

I lodged my wife's 489 Subsequent visa on January 2019. CO Contact in Feb 3rd week. Submitted requested documents on 28th feb. Now waiting for CO Decision.

Did they ask you for relation ship docs sir and please let me know if you get any updates if you dont mind thanks

3 hours ago, James said:

Did they ask you for relation ship docs sir and please let me know if you get any updates if you dont mind thanks

Hi James.

Yes they asked more evidence of relationship documents even though i submitted Marriage certificate, photos etc.

Yes. checking immi account every day 😞 No luck yet.

• Thanks 1

Hello, I am new here. I know its a 887 forum but I could not find any dedicated page to discuss about my visa query(granted 190 yesterday). 

I will appreciate if someone can tell me that how can I open an bank account with minimum fees from offshore(before coming to Australia), which bank offers this facility?

Your answer will be hearty appreciated. 

Once again, I know this isn't the right page but as all of you must have the right answer to this. I couldn't think of anything else. Thank you for being kind in advance!

19 hours ago, Happy and lucky said:

Hi Happy and Lucky, congrats:)

I also received my visa yesterday and have similar questions in my mind. looking for some responses from our experienced:) 

19 hours ago, Butt said:

I believe no one here from March or April is contacted here yet.
I have no info if anyone from outside.
The people who applied in Nov 17, Dec 17 and January 18, their files been opened or granted in 7 to 8 months .not all but many.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. this waiting game is def hard & frustrating

Hi,

I am new here, reading all info out of the forum. Joined today.

want to share my time line.

applied 887      4/4/2018

blessed with Bub 11/09/18

attached complete documents for baby in December 2018.

got 489 and added in 887 on 5/01/2018.

Till now no contact by CO.

long waiting time is killing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ekam said:

Hi,

Hi Ekam,

Congrats for the bub. I am wondering when exactly can you add the little one on the medicare card?

Thanks.

On 3/9/2019 at 11:58 AM, Oalam_12thFeb said:

Okay guys, 

All the best guys , 

Congrats 🎂🎉

• Like 1

On 3/9/2019 at 1:20 PM, Oalam_12thFeb said:
  • Bank statement separated by year, since the day of 489 application till the date of applied for 887  - so from June 2015 till  Feb 2018 - in my case
  • Similar timeline for my payslips - including yearly PAYG summary also from 2015 - 2018 
  • Contract from my Company 
  • Letter from the company - salary, role, duration of my employment and a seal from the director
  • AFP for my wife and I- 2018 & 2019
  • PCC from Uae for my wife - since she was living there prior to this VISA
  • Drivers licence 2018, 2019
  • Statuary declaration, Living with brother
  • Licensing Records from the Transport Authority
  • Rent  receipts 
  • Utility bills
  • Bond receipt 
  • My wife's work PAY G summary 
  • Salary Payslip
  • Marriage certificate 
  • Wife's IELTS
  • Her Degree
  • FORM 80, FORM 1221
  • Both our birth certificates
  • Her tfn number

That's all i can think of man , Good luck 

Similar timeline for my payslips - including yearly PAYG summary also from 2015 - 2018  - Did you upload all your payslips, i mean more than 52 ?

9 hours ago, Ekam said:

Hi,

Hi Ekam true the wait is long and killing , currently immi team is looking into Feb 18 application. Welcome on board and all the best.

Is anyone driving taxi in Queanbeyan area? I have a question to ask. If someone driving taxi in Queanbeyan, during shift they can easily pickup passenger in Queanbeyan and drop off Canberra. Pickup from Canberra and drop off Queanbeyan. There will be no breaching -visa conditon. Am I right?

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk