887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

hi, i am worried about scott morrison's recent migration cut. does it affect our 887 processing times?  Auzzies group ( migration agents) saying it does. but, i believe, when i got granted 489 in 2016, i been counted towards that years total migration intake. anybody know if 887 PR parts of total migration intake of 160k or not? please share your thoughts

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 7.24.18 pm.png

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me that are 489 visa holders eligible for parental leaves?

Also new rules are changing may be government is planning to keep migrants in regional areas for 3 years before applying PR, will it effect people who already(recently) received 489 visa or it will be for new applications?

I am worried as we have invested our savings and took  this risk with a lot of compromises to have a better future but when we got to know that we are only eligible for 489 we were little disappointed that how the journey going to be in terms of career but thought to take this risk but now when I read news related to 887 visas I get so scared that what will happen by the time we will be eligible :(

Will this PR option or 887 visa be there or not by then due new new changes in rules everyday:(

Will this straggle pay off?

What are your thoughts?

3 minutes ago, Happy and lucky said:

Hi All,

Also new rules are changing may be government is planning to keep migrants in regional areas for 3 years before applying PR, will it effect people who already(recently) received 489 visa or it will be for new applications?

I am worried as we have invested our savings and took  this risk with a lot of compromises to have a better future but when we got to know that we are only eligible for 489 we were little disappointed that how the journey going to be in terms of career but thought to take this risk but now when I read news related to 887 visas I get so scared that what will happen by the time we will be eligible 😞

Will this PR option or 887 visa be there or not by then due new new changes in rules everyday:(

What are your thoughts?

489 not eligible for parental leaves, medicare, first home buyers benefits........... once you applied for 887, you can get temporary medicare. 

17 minutes ago, Happy and lucky said:

Hi All,

I am worried as we have invested our savings and took  this risk with a lot of compromises to have a better future but when we got to know that we are only eligible for 489 we were little disappointed that how the journey going to be in terms of career but thought to take this risk but now when I read news related to 887 visas I get so scared that what will happen by the time we will be eligible 😞

What are your thoughts?

I strongly believe that new Pr 887 would be a game changer when you have to wait for 3 years before accessible into applying and 2 years waiting time frame. So expected total is 5 years. 

22 hours ago, Ekam said:

Just an advise, keep updating immi for all GP , hospital checks record of baby. As they only need these less than 6 month but yes may be 501 form after 6 month.

hopefully, you ll get grant before baby will be 6 months. 

Hi Ekam,

Do you mean if Sharky0903 get grant before baby born 6 months, the baby will also get grant automatically

Hi all,

I plan to lodge my 887 visa. However, I have a concern regarding the medical assessment.

1. Can we generate the HAP ID and go for the medical assessment before requested by CO?
  2. How do we generate the HAP ID?
  3. Also, what medical test we do for 887 Visa?
    Medical Examination (501)
    Chest X-Ray (502)
    Serum Creatinine (704)
    HIV test (707)
    Hepatitis B test (708)
    Syphilis Test (712)
    Liver Function Tests (715)
    Hepatitis C test (716)
    TB Screening Test (IGRA/TST) (719)

Thank you,

6 hours ago, Nada said:

Are we, 2016 489 visa grantees, already applied for 887 impacted by this? Who are impacted? Please throw some light. Lets be practical (not negative/positive thingy) please and analyze.

20190321_002656.jpg

Dont worry. Only whom haven't applied for 887 are the targets of new 3 years regional pr.

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, agk said:

hi, i am worried about scott morrison's recent migration cut. does it affect our 887 processing times?  Auzzies group ( migration agents) saying it does. but, i believe, when i got granted 489 in 2016, i been counted towards that years total migration intake. anybody know if 887 PR parts of total migration intake of 160k or not? please share your thoughts

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 7.24.18 pm.png

489 is part of the Permanent Migration intake, not 887. These issues relate to new migrants

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Happy and lucky said:

Hi All,

What are your thoughts?

This is for new migrants and will not affect you as far as I am aware

7 minutes ago, James said:

Its all false mate that will apply to new 489s with new criteria not the old ones and it will take time to bring that in

I dont think so beacause thay need something strong proof and figure to show with the voters. And the bigger regional pool the better for them with already thousands 489s out there. But anw lets see the final thing before federal election.

8 hours ago, Nada said:

Are we, 2016 489 visa grantees, already applied for 887 impacted by this? Who are impacted? Please throw some light. Lets be practical (not negative/positive thingy) please and analyze.

20190321_002656.jpg

This only affects new intakes, the replacement 489 visa may get a new subclass number so as not to get wires crossed with current legislation. If you have already applied for the 887 then you would be in the clear.

• Like 1

Once DIBP announces new regional visa, current 887 visa will also be changed thus those upcoming 887 applications will be affected by officially adding additional working or living years. But as current 887 applicants, undeniable we are affected as well, 2 yrs living plus 1.5 yrs+ processing time equals total up to nearly 4 yrs.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Rangana said:

I worked under ABN. Did cleaning jobs. Don't have liability insurance. But, paid tax. Then, I have a tax return documents and invoices I prepared.  Are they enough to prove work evidances? Anyone knows ?

They are enough.. But you may need a reference letter from cleaning company.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hewitt Tan said:

Hi all,

I plan to lodge my 887 visa. However, I have a concern regarding the medical assessment.

1. Can we generate the HAP ID and go for the medical assessment before requested by CO?
  2. How do we generate the HAP ID?
  3. Also, what medical test we do for 887 Visa?
    Medical Examination (501)
    Chest X-Ray (502)
    Serum Creatinine (704)
    HIV test (707)
    Hepatitis B test (708)
    Syphilis Test (712)
    Liver Function Tests (715)
    Hepatitis C test (716)
    TB Screening Test (IGRA/TST) (719)

Thank you,

You dont need to do any medical test/check up for 887 application. Only new born babies would need a certificate from GP.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Dee said:

You dont need to do any medical test/check up for 887 application. Only new born babies would need a certificate from GP.

and if baby is 6 month old than you have to go through Medical Examination (501), CO will generate HAPID for it.

But if you didnt apply 887 and baby is 6 month old you can request HAPID prior to apply visa. Please correct me if I am wrong.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2019 at 4:34 PM, Nimmi said:

Hello Everyone,

just wandering is there  any one else also have applied in December 2017 and still waiting for grant or it’s just me...i am super frustrated .

1 hour ago, Dee said:

Is it really true no medical is needed for 887?

• Like 1