Adelaide Suburb Maps

JonandSophietravel

large.685142416_AdelaideSuburbMap-MallsShoppingStreets-April2019Smaller.jpg.c8756360e35a596a5e8f7eb07b9babf2.jpglarge.583724488_AdelaideSuburbMap-HomelyRating-April2019Smaller.jpg.55477e3dadd67d59745b4be6b1819078.jpglarge.583734972_AdelaideSuburbMap-ColesWoolworths-April2019Smaller.jpg.f52aaf04a669ebf6c9322ffb8f6ca4c1.jpglarge.1674609544_AdelaideSuburbMap-CinemasTheatres-April2019Smaller.jpg.f279277189a4d9f84ecdb8163521f438.jpgHi guys.

My wife and I are hoping to be granted a 489 in the coming months and will be moving to Adelaide. In order to help figure out where we want to live, I've been making some maps of the Adelaide inner suburbs based on things like their Homely rating, distance to shopping malls, cinemas, supermarkets, etc, so I'd like to share them here in case anyone else can find a benefit. They are designed as 'heat maps', so they don't go into detail about each location but are designed to give a good overview, so you can tell the distance to certain amenities from the suburbs you are considering.

The maps are very high resolution so you can zoom in and see street names and things and I've done quite a large number of suburbs, although I obviously had to stop somewhere, so apologies if the place you're looking at isn't covered. 

In this thread, I'm posting the 4 I've made so far but will add any more if I make them. If you have any suggestions or comments at all, I'd love to hear them 

1 - Homely Ratings - Taken from Homely.com.au based on their suburb ratings out of 10

2 - Supermarkets - I've gone for Coles and Woolworths, as they're usually the biggest. I haven't included Foodland, IGA and other brands as sometimes they're a lot smaller and I wasn't able to fully research their sizes.

3 - Shopping malls/streets - Any decently sized shopping centre and a selection of streets that have a load of shops too.

4 - Cinemas/Theatres - I think I have them all covered that appeared in a few google map searches but some smaller or independent ones might have been missed

Hello and welcome 🙂

Interesting to see as I don't follow that sort of thing anymore having lived here for a number of years now. I didn't use anything like homely when I was researching our move and did most of my exploring and so on once here and we knew our budget and what appealed to us in the longer term. We used the first 3-4 months or so to figure out what best suited our family for the longer term and bought a house after 7 months here. 

I'd keep in mind things like the homely ratings, while they can be a helpful indicator to a point, much will come down to personal preference of location, budget, schools, commute to work times and much more. As much as I like some of the highly rated suburbs that show up on that map, the cost of living in them is very high and well out of the price range of affordability for lots of people. 

Also, your maps don't cover the more southernly and northerly suburbs as you mentioned. Its worth noting, many migrants settle well outside the areas shown on your maps. Many want to settle close to a beach and the city beach suburbs are pricey but those further out along the coast are more affordable.

For parents with school aged kids, many will need to explore school options and again, many of those suburbs will have zoned primary schools (as demand for places has increased in recent times so more primaries in in demand areas are now zoned) and all will have zoned high schools. Of course, private schools are not zoned.