Drawing Australian Super in UK

My husband and I moved to Adelaide on a permanent visa in 2005 and in 2006 I transferred a Legal and General Personal Pension over to Australian Super.  We lived there until 2010 when we decided that we would return to live in the UK.  We had both built up fairly substantial amounts in Australian Super accounts which are obviously still with them as we were not allowed to transfer them back until retirement.  I am finding it difficult to find out what happens when we retire in the UK - do we have options? 

Hi there

There are a number of ways a person can access money from superannuation including lump sum withdrawals and moving to Account based Pension Pensions, each may have differing Australian tax implications depending on the individual circumstances.

However in relation to how the UK may view these you would actually need to take UK tax advice which I am not authorised to provide I'm afraid.

Do you have an Accountant in the UK? This could be a starting point.

Also there have been a few threads on this topic in the on the PomsinOZ site (returning to the UK sub forum), here is the latest one: Superannuation, moving back to UK - Money and Finance - Moving to Australia - Pomsinoz Forum

ATB

Andy