hi to everyone

Guest dawnie

Guest dawnie

Hi just joined this site and it is so informative and a real insperation reading all your expieriences, my name is dawn im 46 years young! im a dementia care nurse working for BUPA in somerset, i may have an oppertunity to relocate to oz as BUPA now have homes over there and in nz, i recently married and have 6 children between us (all teenagers!)

does anyone know any nurses that have emigrated to adelaide? also does anyone know anything about amity care homes BUPA will be part of this group.

really cant wait to start the ball rolling

if i can relocate through work, will it still take months before we can move,

any advice would be great

thanks

dawn xx:jiggy::jiggy:

Guest dawnie

Hi Kristian

thanks for the reply, sounds great, is it as good as people say? are hospitals the same to work in over there, suppose if someones ill its the same where ever!! do you know of any EN(m)s working in dementia care, are you enjoy

ing your life in oz?

dawn x

Hi Dawn

I think you'll find lots of nrses on here who can help with your questions and any other questions you might have.

This site is great, cant imagine having to do this process years ago before the internet!

I keep thinking I've asked everything possible but every day I think of something new I need to know. Good luck with the process.

Denise

Hi Dawn,

welcome to the site! I work at Calvary North, in theatre, been here about 8 weeks now, loving it so far.

Some of the girls i work with do a bit of agency in elderly care, i can ask aroud for you. There seem to be a lot of nursing/residential care homes in Adelaide, and it looks like there is plenty of work in the field.

Good luck with the move though, hope all goes well.

Take care

Jane